top of page

2022-2023 Partner Agencies

Testimonials

Lutheran Family Services LFS requests funds to increase capacity to provide behavioral health services in-person and enhance telehealth services to adults and children in the North Platte area.

The impact of your donations doesn't stop here....

Bridge of Hope Child Advocacy Center Mental Health Services for abused/neglected children. They see roughly 350 local families a year.

 

Community Action Partnership of Mid-Nebraska Homelessness Prevention To prevent homelessness through eviction or utility disconnection. 

 

Community Connections Mentoring Funding will be used to provide Mentor recruitment, Mentor/Mentee matching services Mentor/Mentee training, follow-up, guidance and monitoring of matches. Group activities, service projects and Life Skills classes called Impact Team.

 

Community Connections Substance Abuse Prevention

Mid-Plains United Way funding will go towards materials needed for substance abuse prevention.

 

Guardians of the Children The free annual Community Appreciation event, monthly outings for Lil Guardians and the annual Christmas toy drive.

Hope Esperanza Funding will go to funding a part-time employee or contract translators for our welcoming office.

 

L2 for Kids 100% of Mid-Plains United Way funding will be used to purchase new school clothing for North Platte area children in K-12th grades.

 

Lutheran Family Services Funds provided from Mid-Plains United Way covers costs for individuals who do not have financial means to pay for services and would go without treatment. LFS serves Veterans, individuals and families seeking therapy services including emotional stress, mental health. and substance abuse issues. They serve roughly 90 clients per quarter with United Way funding.

 

Nebraska Youth Center The center is a 12 bed residential group home and emergency shelter, with 24-hour awake staff, serving at risk males age 12-18 and shelter care serving at risk males and females ages 14-18. Funds will be used to help defray cost of operating expenses.

The Connection Homeless Shelter Community Investment funding will go toward supplementing (31%) of our full-time case manager’s salary with 60% provided by Nebraska Homeless Assistance Program and the final 9% to be funded through program fees paid by residents.

 

Community Action Partnership of Mid-Nebraska-North Platte Senior Center The Mid-Plains United Way allocation will be applied to the North Platte Senior Center Home Delivered Meals Program. 

FUNDS STAY LOCAL

Did you know that 98% of all donations stay right here in our community? The other 2% goes to our United Way Worldwide Membership which helps with our 211 Program and keeps us accountable with reporting and gives us access to lots of resources.

sap stat.PNG

What do we do?

We primarily do fundraising for local non-profits so they have time to focus on providing services to our community. However, we also help with connecting resources. When a business has goods to donate, we help place those donations. When someone needs help, we direct them to an organization that can provide them with food, utility assistance, etc. We also work with other organizations to overcome obstacles that our community is facing. Right now our focus is literacy and housing.

Adi.jpg

LUTHERAN FAMILY SERVICES PATIENT TESTIMONIAL

"I have been a client at Lutheran Family Services (LFS) since last fall. After amputation, my head had decided that it had finally endured enough and I needed to get help for some issues.

I was extremely skeptical at first, but with the help of LFS (and an extremely patient therapist), I have started to regain the confidence and stability that I once had."

evicted.PNG
bottom of page