Volunteer with the United Way
Volunteers are the backbone of Mid-Plains United Way. If you are interested in serving North Platte and surrounding communities, please contact us. It can be as simple as helping with an event, serving a meal, reading to children, picking up trash or sharing what United Way does with your neighbor. Your volunteer involvement can fit into your schedule whether it’s helping once or many times. UNITED we can make our community stronger.
The Salvation Army:
- Ring Bells - there are still a lot of time slots open!
- Toy & Food Pantry Distribution (Tues. - Thurs.)
- Help with meal deliveries in the afternoon
The Connection Homeless Shelter:
- Thrift Store Helpers! (You can choose your hours)
The Construction Connection: Monday - Saturday, 10a.m.-2p.m.
The Thrift Connection: Monday - Saturday, 10a.m.-4p.m.
- Help cook or bring meals for dinner at 6:30p.m.
L2 for Kids:
- Head Volunteer to do presentations at churches in North Platte on Sundays - commitment is about 40 hours per year.
- Grant Writer
- Help the week of shopping procedure where 300 children receive clothes: schedule times with families, Spanish translator, check in families at store and help with shopping.
- Data entry: enter family information into website via Excel.
Community Connections Mentoring:
-Mentors needed: K-7th Grade Students with 4-8 hours commitment per month for 1 year. Time spent with your mentee works around your schedule!
-Volunteers needed to meet with 6th Grade Impact Team on Wednesdays 2x per month from 3:30-4:30p.m. at the Senior Center (only during school year).
Rape Domestic Abuse Program:
-Help answer 24 hour crisis line.
-Help in the office: answering phones, making copies, printing paperwork, etc.
-Help in shelter: cleaning rooms, cooking birthday meals, organize donations, etc.