Job Title: Executive Director
Supervisor: Board of Directors
Experience and/or training regarding the dynamics of child abuse issues, knowledge of the criminal justice system, knowledge and understanding of non-profit management to include grant writing, budgeting and fundraising. Must have managerial and communication skills. Must respect and maintain confidentiality and be able to work in a stressful environment with a difficult subject. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, with a focus in social work, criminal justice, accounting and or psychology preferred.
This position is responsible for the overall administration of the Bridge of Hope Child Advocacy Center and is accountable to the Board of Directors. The purpose of the Bridge of Hope Child Advocacy Center is to provide a coordinated, multi-disciplinary response to the investigation, treatment and prosecution of child abuse cases in a facility that minimizes the trauma for the child victim and maximizes the collective efforts of professional’s first responders. The primary responsibility of the Executive Director shall be to coordinate and maintain this mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interview, hire and supervise Bridge of Hope Child Advocacy Center Staff, Advocates and Interns;
• Responsible for strategic planning, program development and management;
• Responsible for appropriate development, maintenance and implementation of all policies and procedures;
• Responsible for facility development, management and maintenance;
• Maintain all documents necessary to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements;
• Attend Board of Directors’ meetings and provide resources and information for the meeting agenda;
• Coordinate the multi-disciplinary team approach to child abuse;
• Educate the community at large regarding all aspects of child abuse and mandated reporting laws;
• Maintain public relations at the local, state and national levels;
• Serve as a member of the State Chapter of Child Advocacy Centers;
• Ensure that all requirements for Agency Accreditation are maintained in an open and timely manner.
• Write and monitor grants, submitting ALL required reports;
• Develop, implement and adhere to the approved budget;
• Adhere to grant auditing requirements;
• Coordinate fundraising efforts;
• Maintain the financial records for the Bridge of Hope Child Advocacy Center;
• Provide the financial report to Board of Directors on a monthly basis;
• Ability to maintain an open line of communication with the Board of Directors.
• Must submit to a thorough criminal background check;
• Must have access to a vehicle; possess a valid Nebraska Drivers License and proof of vehicle insurance;
• Position involves some out of town and state travel;
• All other duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the program director. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6/25/2019