Mid-Plains United Way has distributed 100% of its COVID-19 Community Relief Fund to local non-profits to provide aid during this difficult time.
Funding was focused on supporting 501(c)3 nonprofits that had an initiative in improving education, financial stability and/or health and were in need of funds to combat the spread of COVID-19, mitigate the economic impact of the pandemic or had experienced financial difficulty as a result of the virus.
The following organizations have been recipients of a grant from the COVID-19 Community Relief Fund:
· Hershey Senior Center: Funds were used to balance day to day expenses so the organization could continue services to senior citizens. To eat at the center, please call 308-368-7744.
· North Platte Catholic Food Pantry: Funds were used to increase security to limit theft and maintain necessary services to our communities. This food pantry is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 1-3p.m. Proxy Consent Forms are available so an individual can pick up food for another person: 308-532-8800.
· Lutheran Family Services: Funds were used to shift Behavioral Health Therapy, support groups, classes and trainings to an online telehealth platform. To receive mental health services, please call 1-833-903-2376 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Bridge of Hope: Funds were used to obtain remote Forensic Interviewing capabilities. To report suspected child abuse, please call 1-800-652-1999 or 911.
· Nebraska Youth Center: Funds were used to obtain virus protective gear: disinfectant, gloves, eye protectors, masks, electrostatic backpacks, etc. to ensure safety of residents and staff.
· L2 for Kids: Funds were used to increase school clothes buying capabilities to include families impacted by the virus. To request an application, please call the Salvation Army: 308-532-2038.
· North Platte Kids Academy: Funds will be used to buy disinfectant and virus protective supplies to maintain a safe childcare environment. Daycare openings are available. To enroll your child, please call 308-534-9222 or go to https://www.npkidsacademy.com/enroll.
We would like to extend a special thanks to the Union Pacific Railroad Foundation for its contribution of $20,000 to the COVID-19 Community Relief Fund and a special thanks to the North Platte Area Sports Commission for allowing us to collect community donations at the COVID Cruise Night.
COVID-19 funding is kept separate from regular campaign program funding for partner nonprofits.
To make a donation, text STRONGER to 1-800-591-3701, online at www.midplainsunitedway.com or by mail to P.O. Box 172, North P